Our StockBroking API is designed for StockBrokers who want to securely make their customer data available via a REST API using a consent driven authorisation without the associated risks or costs of doing it themselves.
Stock Broking Data Set
The Stock Broking API requres the following Data set.
- ✓ Transaction Type: Buy, Sell, Reversal
- ✓ Security Code
- ✓ Trade Date
- ✓ Settlement Date
- ✓ Quantity
- ✓ Price
- ✓ Brokerage (including GST amount)
- ✓ Net Consideration
- ✓ Account Name
- ✓ Account Address
- ✓ HIN and/or SRN
- ✓ Unique ID i.e. NAB Trade User ID
Why Share Data?
- Improve Customers Experience – New feature to make Customer life easier.
- Secure way to share Data – Currently customers provide
User/name password to access data (i.e. bots that screen scrap) this is a security risk and a breach of T&C’s
Email contract notes which is not a secure method of transport.
- Automated & timely – Customers and their trusted professional advisors have accurate and almost real time data to make informed decisions.
Why use SISS Data Services?
- Ready to use – SISS provides the consent process, API, Accreditation ready to use.
- Easy to Integrate – data can be supplied to SISS daily in a simple csv, xml or another formal via secure transport protocols like SFTP.
- Lower Cost – The SISS fee for this service is significantly less that the Capital expense to build and the ongoing cost to maintain.
- Less Risk/ – In addition to the same Indemnities and warranties we provide major Banks, our data sharing model is based on the Consumer Data Right consent, security and accreditation.
- Experience – We currently have contracts with all major banks (NAB, Commonwealth Bank, ANZ, Westpac + others) to share bank account and credit card data via our API solution.
At the center of any data sharing solution is Consumers consent to share their data. SDS can cater for 2 options, a paper-based process or online process, the choice is yours.
Paper based authority forms are a simple, low cost and low-tech way to quickly get a data sharing service moving quickly.
Paper based is the least preferred option of Consent for customer (sending paper is inefficient).
Requires NAB Trade to manually approve authority.
Quick and easy way for customer to Consent and revoke a data feed. Preferred consent model of Customers.
No staff costs for process forms. Requires Development (cost) from Stock Broker.
Integration is all about getting data from NAB Trade to SISS Data Services. SDS can consume a simple csv file or connect to an existing API
Minimal development work required by NAB Trade. data is secure transferred to SDS. SDS can use existing NAB Trade file format.
No access to real time data.
If API is available it is a quick and simple integration by SISS Data Services
If API is not available, there are cost and time pressures on the Stock Broker. Our experience is the project does not continue.
No staff costs for process forms.
Requires Development (cost) from Stock Broker.